Position: CNC SETTER / OPERATOR (WEEKENDS)
Salary: On Application (Shift Allowance)
TQR are working closely with our client to recruit 3 experienced CNC Setter / Operators to support their expanding weekend shift which due to their strong growth has become an immediate requirement! You will have CNC Setting / Operating experience within a manufacturing company; ideally in a valve / pump / pipe and vessel manufacturer, making products for the oil, gas, petrochemical and power processing industries. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful and growing company.
* We are looking for experienced setter/operators.
* The duties will include setting and offsets. Not programming.
* Working on the following machines: Okuma Lathes, Mazak and Bridgeport Mills.
* The materials you will be using are stainless steel and allloys.
* The hours of work will be: Friday 2pm - 12am, and Saturdays and Sundays 12pm - 12am.
* The position will be a permanent position from day one.
* Setting machine following the established procedures.
* Operating machines to optimum efficiency ensuring regular checking of machine speed, tooling and quality.
* Through continuous review of machine set-up and operation to ensure all product manufactured meets the established quality standard.
* Read and follow instructions on drawings, routings, set-up sheets and ISO procedures so that the work produced meets customer requirements in terms of delivery times and quality.
* Change the full range of tools on allocated machines to ensure full efficiency, quality and cost effectiveness are achieved.
* Maintain a clean and tidy working environment so that the work area hazards are minimised, tooling and gauges etc. are protected and presentation meets the Company standard.
* Utilise all company provided personal protective equipment as well as other safety devices to ensure the job holders personal safety is maintained and that others are not jeopardised by their actions.
The right person.
* Applicants should be either time served, qualified to NVQ2 level or have significant experience in CNC lathe setting.
* Experience in fanuc control programming and in the cutting of stainless steel or exotic materials would be useful.
* You will be self motivated and able to demonstrate pro-activity and flexibility in moving between tasks and machines.
* Friday 14:00 - 24:00 Saturday & Sunday 12:00 - 24:00 (32.5 hours per week)
In return we offer.
* Great salary and shift allowance
* 25 days holiday
* Subsidised canteen
* Excellent salary with shift allowance and bonus potential (details on application)
* Pension scheme
CVs in confidence to: email@example.com or call for further information on 01271 377444
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Barnstaple
Salary : ON APPLICATION
Date Advertised : 26 Nov 2012
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.