Fund Reporting Manager
An exciting opportunity is available in Bristol for an experienced Fund Reporting Manager. The Fund Reporting Manager will be responsible for managing a team of analysts, responsible for interpreting and providing accurate and timely performance reports.
- Collate, interpret and manage all performance data to develop quarterly fund reports (circa 360 per annum) and fact sheets (2100 per annum) for distribution across markets to a range of professional and retail recipients including trustees, regulatory bodies and end consumers, on a timely and accurate basis.
- Analyse and audit fund performance data being used and provided by our third party database vendors.
- To oversee and maintain the existing monthly audit process and control framework in order to ensure fund content is compliant prior to it being supplied to all internal and external customers. This is a mandatory requirement under the Financial Services Market Act 2000 (FSMA).
Research and Analysis
- Provide technical expertise through daily support and period interaction with internal and external customers in providing adhoc support in the form of additional fund analysis requests and resolution of performance queries.
- Act as subject matter expert, providing technical fund support and analysis in response to queries (static and still pricing errors) from internal and external customers.
Investment Marketing and Reporting
- Provide summary of fund performance reporting to internal customers in order to enhance the overall investment proposition or challenge current positioning, to ensure customers interests are being protected.
- Directly manage and provide ongoing training, development and motivation to the team.
Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours
- Degree (Commerce/Business/Statistics, Advanced Mathematics or an Investment/Business discipline) or equivalent
Experience in providing in depth knowledge of Investment/Fund Management principles including.
- Strong exposure to ensuring all unit linked fund data controls are in place and providing sign-off Exposure
- Knowledge of the ABI / IMA Fund Classifications / FSA/UCITs Directive/RDR and the regulatory structure of funds.
- Specific exposure, in terms of oversight and adherence to the FSMA 2000 fund disclosure, client classification and fund reporting rules
- Hands on management experience in running an investment orientated fund reporting team
- An ability to design and develop systems, processes and models using Microsoft Excel / VBA is required at an advanced level.
- Excellent MS Word, MS PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat/Distiller.
- An in depth knowledge of industry performance reporting systems such as Lipper/FinEx is essential, in addition to attribution reporting systems.
- A high level of analytical capability and problem solving skills.
We prefer all applications to be submitted on line, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact the Resourcing team using the telephone number provided.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Bristol
Salary : £55k - £69458 pa + Contributoyr Pension & Bonus
Date Advertised : 27 Nov 2012
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.