My client are currently recruiting for a Graduate Java Developer to join the Cardiff Head office. I do have a full job description available but please see below the basic summery of the job along with some responsibilities that the role will entail.
Under the overall management of the IT Development Manager, lead the development and improvement of the main IT systems in order to transact and process equity release business.
1. Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the companys products and processes, to ensure that development work is in tune with the needs of the business.
2. With the assistance of the IT Development Manager, develop a thorough understanding of the infrastructure and design of the system and its underlying code. Expand this understanding to also consider systems which interface into and from the system.
3. Assist in preparing and maintaining a high-level development program and plan that, over a time frame of 2-3 years, fulfils the system requirements of the division. Assist in the reporting of progress against the plan.
4. Develop detailed specifications and development plans to address each module within the development programme, and ensure that these plans are designed, developed, tested and implemented to meet agreed business requirements.
5. Liaise with the business to ensure each new module is tested adequately, and that testing issues are resolved in a timely and effective way.
6. Ensure that adequate documentation is maintained of system functionality and operation in order that knowledge is shared effectively.
7. Maintain an appropriate level of business and market knowledge, in relation to products and the wider economic environment.
8. Assist in the development of new systems and revisions to existing systems, to accommodate new products, processes and interfacing systems.
9. Comply with all company policies and procedures and legislative and regulatory requirements, including, but not exhaustively, those related to Data Protection, Money Laundering, Health & Safety, FSA, Employment and other legislative requirements (as applicable).
10. Undertake any other reasonable tasks as and when requested by line manager.
The above is a broad definition of the job responsibilities. It does not take into account every aspect of the job which the jobholder may be required to perform.
If this role sounds of interest please send me your CV along with a cover note outlining your interest, availability, salary expectations and your Java experience.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Cardiff
Salary : £20k - £21k pa
Date Advertised : 27 Nov 2012
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.