Allcap Limited is a family business supplying engineering consumables to local and international manufacturers from depots in Gloucester and Swindon. We work with 500 customers and over 200 suppliers, creating a busy and challenging work environment. Due to expansion of the finance department we are looking for:
Part time Book-Keeper / Accounts Assistant
The role requires good knowledge and experience of general book-keeping procedures:
1. Sales & Purchase ledger reconciliation.
2. Good understanding of manual postings to the Nominal ledger.
3. Credit control.
4. Resolving sales and purchase invoice queries.
5. Cash management - reporting cash / bank position to Directors.
6. Medium to high level H R and admin - (Sage payroll)
7. Record keeping of holiday / sickness / timesheets / contracts/ expenses etc.
8. General office support: management of company vehicles, leases & licences, insurance, utilities etc.
9. An understanding of taking accounts to trial balance.
10. Development of Administration Apprentice.
We are looking for a candidate with knowledge of / willingness to learn:
* Wider range of HR management skills / experience incl training, appraisals.
* Improve our business reporting: sales / accounts / profitability.
* An understanding of working in a fast-moving, trading / manufacturing environment.
* Flexible attitude to tackle variety of tasks as required.
* Well organised and able to prioritise (managing interruptions!).
* Ability to work on own initiative (full support available).
* IT literate incl stock management
software & spreadsheets
Reporting to the Accounts Administrator.
Approx 25 hours/wk spread over 5 possibly 4 days
Good salary depending upon experience
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Gloucester
Salary : Depending On Experience
Date Advertised : 28 Jan 2013
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.