Due to a number of major new business wins our client is looking to grow their existing Consultancy team with the addition of a Private Cloud Consultant/Architect.
This position offers an excellent opportunity to join one of the most respected Business Solutions Consultancy companies in the UK who have built a fantastic reputation as an employer of choice.
As a Private Cloud Consultant you will deliver some of the most innovative solutions built upon the Microsoft platform and work with a team of some of the industry's most well regarded technical specialists to provide cutting edge solutions to a number of the UK's largest blue chip organisations.
The focus of the position is to work as part of an established and respected Consultancy team delivering large scale projects on behalf of third party clients in a variety of business sectors.
You will be responsible for designing and deploying Microsoft Private Cloud infrastructures which would include installation and configuration of multi-node Hyper-V clusters along with SCCM products. You will also be required to take part in client pre-sales discussions and presentations.
We are looking for a real hands on architect/consultant with strong skills in the following:-
* Windows 2008 R2 Hyper-V experience
* Experience designing and deploying multi-node Hyper-V infrastructure leveraging CSV on SAN based storage
* Experience designing and deployment Microsoft Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM) 2008/2012
* Experience designing and deploying Microsoft System Center Service Manager (SCSM)
* Experience designing and configuring Microsoft Opalis/System Center Orchestrator
* Experience designing and providing best practices for private cloud network stack
* Experience with variety of SAN technologies used to support Hyper-V hosts and guest VMs
* Experience with automating the provisioning of guest systems leveraging scripting and/or available tools
* Ability to install and configure System Center Operation Manager 2012 and integrate with SCVMM using Pro-Tips management pack
This is a truly exciting and challenging position which provides the successful candidate an opportunity to work with one of the UKs most well respected employers.
Further information will be provided only on written application.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Edinburgh, Glasgow, Stirling, Scotland, Home Based
Salary : up to £75k + Benefits
Date Advertised : 14 Nov 2012
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.