Renishaw plc is regarded as a world leader in the design and manufacture of precision metrology equipment and systems. We employ over 2,400 people in 31 countries to supply and support our customers on a world wide basis
Renishaw are seeking to recruit a Software Engineer (potentially at senior level dependant on the applicant's experience), with a strong mathematical background, to assist in the development of analysis and process control software for use in manufacturing (typically 5-axis CNC machining applications).
The role will offer technically challenging and varied work including research into new mathematical algorithms required for complex metrology applications. Practical aspects to the role will include designing experiments and analysis of results. The role will suit a self-starter with the ability to independently undertake research into topics including fitting techniques. The successful applicant will join an established, expanding team, with significant industrial manufacturing knowledge.
* Development of library routines to analyse 3D point cloud data and produce NURBS surfaces
* Linear and non-linear fitting techniques
* Geometry fitting and calculation of co-ordinate system transformations
* Design of experiments and analysis of experimental results
* Mathematical support for bespoke data analysis applications
All applicants are required to have the following:
* An honours degree in a relevant discipline with a high mathematical content
* A high degree of competence in writing robust C++ algorithms for Windows
Although not essential it would be desirable if applicants have a Masters or PhD in a science, mathematics or engineering discipline.
Experience/familiarity of the following would also be an advantage:
* Producing and maintaining mathematical library functions
* Co-ordinating system transformations, vector and matrix operations, kinematic modelling
* Data analysis (typically using Excel and MatLab)
* Metrology / CMM data analysis
* Visualisation of 3D models
* CAD / CAM
* CNC machining processes (including 5-axis)
* Knowledge of error sources on CNC machines
* Interest in the engineering aspects of CNC machining processes
The successful applicant will be a dynamic self starter, with the capacity to work independently or as part of a team. Tenacious, with a high attention to detail, the individual in this role will have the ability to clearly communicate technical concepts.
The role is based at the New Mills site at Wotton-under-Edge, Gloucestershire.
25 days leave, medical and life assurance, pension scheme, excellent on site facilities including a gymnasium, and a subsidised restaurant.
Company pension scheme: The company operates an Occupational Pension Scheme. It is a contributory DC Pension Scheme and the minimum employee contribution is 2.5% of basic salary. The employer contribution rate is currently 9%.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Wotton-Under-Edge, Gloucestershire, Bristol
Salary : Competitive plus benefits
Date Advertised : 28 Feb 2013
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.